Thursday, April 3, 2008

305. Neon Skull


Arranged Neon Signs (approx. 4ft x 5ft [1.2m x 1.5m]). A huge thanks to my friend Bob Ziegler who kindly let me play with the bits and pieces of old signs that were laying around his neon workshop. This is a temporary arrangement on the floor of his photo studio. The signs had to be face down to prevent the wiring from shorting out. To give you a sense of scale here is my assistant Kristin standing by (also shown are the three transformers used to light it up).


9 comments:

Charlie said...

The neon lights are bright on Broadskull......

mc said...

Wow! I was looking for you to say that was a photoshop composite. I should have more faith.

The Lone Beader® said...

This is truly a work of art!

Tim said...

Bruce Nauman, eat your heart out.

I may have to use the f word on this -- this is my favorite so far. It finally edged out day 43.

I'm just saddened to hear it was temporary!

Tatman said...

What a bright idea!





Sorry 'bout that.

Unknown said...

Awesome.

Tim said...

I've been trying to read the sign pieces.

Ice Cream
Miller
(re)ebok
(rest)urant
duckhead (Shoes, I assume. Looks like a few of these)

I can't figure out
JO / AC
and
(dom)ino's? / gos

katillac deVille said...

Noah, you light up my life.

Hah, Tatman! You thought your puns were bad! :p

Noah said...

Tim: The JO/AC is from Jordache. I have no idea what the script text was for though.