Saturday, April 26, 2008

328. Rock 'N' Skull

Arranged Rocks (approx. 8ft x 8ft [2.4m x 2.4m]). Thanks to my friend Phil who suggested this medium and location (and Mady for making a lovely picnic lunch for us here afterwards). The rocks were salvaged by Phil from a small creek running through Poplar Lawn Park (also known as Central Park) in downtown Petersburg, VA, where this is located. We left this for others to discover, but eventually Phil will return the rocks to their original purpose of shoring up the side of the hill above the creek. Here's a shot showing more of the area (the rocks came from the lower right and will be returned to the middle left)...

9 comments:

Arch said...

lol, cool :)


http://bahrabba.blogspot.com/

Poplar Lawn Alliance for Conservation & Education said...

It was great having Skull-A-Day in Petersburg. We all had fun! (And perhaps the skull will appear somewhere else too ... we did think we witnessed a photo shoot.)

j said...

love the nature ones!!!
so nice...sorry I missed the picnic!

Tatman said...

Wow, I've got those kinds of stones all over my yard for landscaping, but I never thought of using them to make a skull. Thanks for opening my eyes again.

Citizen Agent said...

Chicago C said:

Saturday in the park
I think it was the twenty-sixth of April
People walking, people eating
A man making rock skulls
to scare all the neighbors.

annecopeland said...

I wish I had even half the creativity you do. This one is, as always, fantastic! Would like to see you do a labyrinth skull! I LOVE those labyrinths!!!

Kira said...

Did you notice (or was it intentional?) that the tree in the second picture looks remarkably skull-like?

LLLT said...

I have to totally agree with Kira. At first that's the skull I saw because I had not read the description of the submission. To bad you beat me to it Kira, good call.

silvergirl said...

first of all, that tree is so lovely, the way it sweeps leftwards like that... and the rock skull at its base is a wonderful addition- nice work, as usual ;)