Thursday, April 17, 2008

Skull-A-Day vs Nine Inch Nails

As part of the last few weeks of my year of skulls I'm going to revisit some of my previous posts. Today I'm showing what happened to my Sand Painting Skull ( #259 )...



I actually left the sand painting on my work table for a week before finally getting my hands on a video camera (thanks Kit!). I then trained a small fan on it and filmed it being blown away over the course of about 20 minutes. Not long after this I discovered that Trent Reznor (A.K.A. Nine Inch Nails) had started a film festival based on his recently self-released instrumental album Ghosts I-IV, in which he encouraged listeners to create videos using tracks from this entirely Creative Commons licensed album. With a little bit of help from iMovie I created this time elapsed version of the un-destruction of the sand painting set to the track 6 Ghosts I. You can check out the other submissions to the Ghosts Film Festival HERE.

4 comments:

Nikoli said...

Down right creepy. Very cool!

The Lone Beader® said...

I'll have to check that out. Also, if you like CreePY sounds like that, check out Bass Communion's Ghosts on Magnetic Tape. It is inspired by Dr. Konstantin Raudive's experiments where he captured the voices of spirits on magnetic tape. Very intriquing... :o

Citizen Agent said...

Kansas C said:

Skulls in the wind, all we are is skulls in the wind.

Like sands in the fan so are the days of our lives.

b13 said...

sweet. great choice of tunes and right up tran's alley.