Saturday, April 5, 2008

307. Mr./Ms. Squarehead Skull

Digital Illustration. The shape of this one was inspired by the tool used to open the security case holding a CD I bought today (yes, I actually still buy those things...in a local store no less!). Cartoon/stylized images don't come naturally to me, so these kinds of posts are always a bit of challenge for myself. And speaking of challenges...

IT'S CONTEST TIME!
I think Mr. or Ms. Squarehead needs a body. And since I don't have the time/energy to make one, I'm leaving it up to you! You can download a PDF of the head on which you can make a body with any media HERE. You have one week to post an image of it to Flickr with the tags "squareheadskull" AND "skulladay" (so that it'll show up on the sidebar). Next Sunday I'll post a way for readers to vote on all of the submissions and the top 5. The first 10 entries I receive will get signed, limited edition Ornament(al) Skull prints! IMPORTANT: Be sure to send the image to me in an e-mail as well, so I'll know how to reach you if you're a winner.

UPDATE: The contest is over, thanks to everyone who entered!

4 comments:

Kurt McAllister said...

You're not the only one who still buys CD's. I don't buy music in mP3 form too much, unless the album has a digital booklet on iTunes.

mordicai said...

Thought you'd like this "skeleton car" by Jitish Kallat.

http://www.artkrush.com/_popups/issue79/cover/index.html

The Lone Beader® said...

I posted a skull today, too! :D

Nikoli said...

I posted several for this... but flickr is being slow about adding them to the tags listing... Hope you(and everyone else) dig 'em. Keep up the inspirational work!