Friday, August 14, 2009

[Flashback Friday] 330. Bent Objects Skull

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#42: 330. Bent Objects Skull


As a long-time fan of Terry Border's Bent Objects blog (which actually inspired one of my earlier skulls, that is currently on display at Quirk Gallery) I knew I wanted to figure out a way to do a collaboration with him before my year was over. Since we're not in the same part of the country we had to figure out a way to work long distance. Ultimately it was Terry who came up with this clever little story line and decided that I should do the honors of photographing the finished piece on my end. He mailed me the figures he build and then I made my skull and photographed it here, after which I returned the pieces to him (and let the ketchup skull dry out for possible future use). You can see a detail shot of the skull on the original post HERE.

P.S. Be sure to keep an eye out for Terry's Book: Bent Objects: The Secret Life of Everyday Things, which will be in stores this fall!

No comments: