Saturday, May 15, 2010

Brazilian Skulls

Today's tremendous trio of skulls comes to us from Brazilian artist Marcos L. Britto. They represent a progression of his styles over a five year period.

Petroleum - 2003


13 - 2005


Untitled - 2008


I'm not much of a fine art person, but I know what I like when I see it. Of course I like all of these for their skulls, but the way they appear tell me different things in each painting. The colorful schemes give them a lot of texture and life. Thanks for submitting them, Marcos, and for speaking to us in the language of art.

3 comments:

Spammed Ham said...

Aren't most skulls brazilianed?

Rebecca Halley said...

my mind went straight to the gutter on this one...oh look it's just fine art lol

Carlos Lamartine said...

Very nice paintings!!!Pop art underground!!