Thursday, May 20, 2010

Demon Skull

This demon skull comes from the darkest depths of Ken VanCourt's imagination. He tells us more, "I'm an artist from upstate NY. I began a project about a year ago to create varied skulls converted from "Bucky" skulls, provided by our good friend Jeff Nix at MrSkeleton.com. My 'Demon' was created by converting a Bucky and the recast of a pair of ram horns."




This is awesome work, Ken. I really dig the oversized horns for their over the top effect of evilness. Plus, your picture looks like you found this skull in a deep, dark cavern of unseen horrors. Your site has tons of great skulls and I highly suggest our readers to check them out. I also know of a certain Skull Master who has a certain profile picture that looks eerily similar to this. Thanks for the great submission, Ken.

2 comments:

BlacknickSculpture said...

Wow that demon skull has major 'tude'!! I love the horns and the coloration. Great work!

ToneCold said...

The first thing that came to my mind was Diablo from the video game by Blizzard! Yes, Diablo's horns curl differently, but they are large and sinister looking just the same. Awesome!