Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Spooky Watercolor Skull

This nifty painting comes from Harek of Ingebrigtsen, Spain. "Hey! Recently I've been fiddling a bit with watercolors, and find bones to be very gratifying "models". This is an early skull, painted this in 2008 on a night watch."



I really dig the simpleness of the two tone design you created. It gives your "model" a great primitive look like something out of an old horror novel published long ago. Possibly an illustration for "The Screaming Skull" by F. Marion Crawford. Thanks for bringing us a basic lesson in spookiness.

3 comments:

Abby Davis said...

I love white on black art. This is a perfect use of white paint on a black background. The white really pops. I'm really impressed as getting that concentration of white water color paint is hard to achieve and you did it very well.

Lindiz said...

To my eyes it seems like its black on white and not white on black as Azurafae wrote....?! Anyway, awesome!!!

luvskulls said...

This piece isn't spooky, its amazing. I love it.