Friday, February 18, 2011

Fiber Art Skulls

From across the country and around the globe, skulls are hot for spring...

Shabana Ahmed from Melbourne, Australia shared: “I'm a big fan of your website and have never submitted before, but just recently started learning to crochet and the main shape I want to create in crochet is the skull so here's one of my first one my own skull design.”


Mandy Duffy in Maryland said: “I love skulls and knitted and felted this knitting bag for
myself.”

Bonnie-Sue Hitchcock in Lyons, Colorado knitted this hat inspired from a design of Adrian Bazilia


Milan C says:

One of the truly amazing things about fiber arts is the fact that you can make functional items for everyday use. There is something amazing about a stranger walking up to you and giving you a compliment on something you made. Today allow me to be that stanger and tell you all that your work is amazing. Thank you for sharing your artwork with us and since you are all so talented let me invite you to participate in the Skull-A-Day quilt project that is being done in conjunction with Skull Appreciation Day on June 4th.

1 comment:

Caryn F. said...

The crocheted skull is super cute, but I'm a fan of beautiful things that are also practical, so my favorites are the knitted bag and cap!