Thursday, February 10, 2011

Dia de la Abby #37: Overlapping Skulls


I want to make something with overlapping skulls in a cartoonish sort of way. This is a similar idea to Noah's 45 Minutes of Skulls. The color choice is because my best friend, Kit McSmash loves bright colors. The colors are brighter than this in real life. Her birthday is today, so I thought I would make her something special in honor of her. This took a lot longer than anticipated...about 6 hours, which was mostly coloring time. This isn't a hard project, but coloring in all the shapes is time consuming. A larger skull template for the overlapping would cut down on the amount of small spaces to color...hence cut down on coloring time. To find out how I made this, follow the tutorial.


Every week in the 4.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Facebook.