Thursday, February 3, 2011

Dia de la Abby #36: Dia de los Muertos Altar Skull


I wanted to do a particular technique with water color, salt and crayon, because my daughter had made this beautiful painting using these supplies. I chose this motif because I wanted something at night and to play with lighting. Also, I love Dia de los Muertos, so this idea worked well with the skull. The crayon didn't turn out how I wanted (it's on the drip areas of the candles, stars in the sky and some high light areas of the skull), but in some ways, it looks better than I had planned. The salt technique came out great. It's the sky, the flames and the black alter. I used a variety of tutorials to make this skull. I recommend looking at them all, as they all vary.



Every week in the 4.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Facebook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like this one very much!