Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ceramic Skull Candle Holder

When Brock Essick of Winchester, Ca sent us this he simply wrote, "I made this. I like the site and thought it would be fitting." A truer statement would be hard to find.




I think it might have been Einstein who believed that if we were to use 100% of our brain's capacity then we would cease to have physical form and would only be balls of light. This skull gives me the feeling that the light is the energy leaving the body. The stars shine brightly as the energy leaves this world into another astrological plane. Great work on this glowing piece, Brock!

3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

mm hmmm, nice!

Unknown said...

Yup. Diggin' that one.

Caryn F. said...

This is amazing, and beautiful and I really wish I had one in my bedroom! I think the best part is how the candle casts images of stars on the wall behind it.