Friday, February 18, 2011

[Flashback Friday] #282 Pinstripe Skull

Welcome to another addition of Flashback Friday.** This year the guest editors, Citizen Agent, Azurafae, and myself, Tatman, are taking turns counting down our personal favorite 17 skulls from the Original 365.25 Year. So please join us as we visit the archives and add our additional commentary on some of the original pieces.

15. #282 Pinstripe Skull



To me, pinstriping is a truly underrated art skill. I know that Noah created this pinstripe skull digitally, but that is only because of the time and patience that the painter must have in order to acheive near perfection. The ability to maintain such crisp detail, and to create a portrait with mere single wide brush strokes amazes me. I'd love to be able to learn this skill myself, but more than likely I'll just hire someone with experience to apply this pinstripe skull to some kind of future ride of mine. Maybe the gas tank of some kind of 2 wheeled vehicle...perhaps.

**Flashback Friday was a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week during year 3.0 The Skullmaster posted the original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3.0, all 52 can be found here.

2 comments:

Noah said...

I can attest that it looks great on a car hood.

Caryn F. said...

I'd actually love to put something like this on my laptop or my Kindle.