Monday, May 2, 2011

Cherry Skull Pies

Kimberly Gunter from Disputanta, VA made these skull pies to go with her morning coffee. She describes them as "...wickedly delicious!! These were inspired by my affinity for all things anatomical, especially skulls! I used pie crust and cherry pie filling, cut out the shape with a knife, slapped some cherry eyeballs on, added some mushed up cherries for extra yumminess, rolled up some little pieces of dough for teeth and brows, popped them in the oven and watched like a little kid as the skulls oozed and bubbled. They were fabulous!








I love these! I love cherry pie in general, but these are exceptional. I like how the whole cherries have been arranged into the eye sockets. They do look "wickedly delicious". The use of the pie dough to create a the skull features, if very creative. I can see chocolate or cheese being used too, for some other delicious fillings. I might have to try this.


Skull Appreciation Day Daily Button Giveaway
To be entered in today's drawing to win a button just leave a comment below stating: How would you eat a skull pie?

IMPORTANT: Don't forget to include a way to contact you (either an e-mail in the post OR make sure your Blogger profile has an e-mail link for you on it).

NOTE: If you're reading this on Facebook, be sure to leave your comment on the original Skull-A-Day.com post if you want to be actually entered in the contest.

12 comments:

Steffy said...

I would nomnom that skull pie from the teeth up, probably with some vanilla soy milk or tasty juice

GStar said...

I would first stare at it in awe... then devour it, keeping the cherry eyes for last.

Karen said...

Brilliant!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm really not sure if I'd be able to eat it! It just looks far too awesome for consumption.

But on the other hand.. also very delcious..

Tricia said...

mmmmmm - crunchy on the outside & chewy in the middle... reminds me of a Gary Larson illustration of two polar bears discussing the igloo they were eating.

brickerville said...

I'd suck the guts out of an eye socket then devour it utterly. That must be the most honorable death for pie. This one should find its final rest in pie-Valhalla.

Unknown said...

with a small ceramic femur fork and a silk napkin :]

mermaidsbath said...

I'd alternate bites with attempts to drown it in a big glass of milk.

Divaeva said...

these are MOST AWESOME! YUMMO! <3

RubySkeleton said...

Mmmm! I ♥ cherries! What damn awesome cherry skull pies ;-}

megrantman said...

You're pretty creative Kimberly...

peg said...

Kimberly is SO talented... love her dearly.