Wednesday, May 26, 2010

[BONUS UPDATE] The Ongoing Saga of #350 Graffiti Skull

I was eating lunch the other day at a local sandwich shop, which just happens to be next door to where I painted my Graffiti Skull, and the owner asked if I'd taken a look at the piece lately. I hadn't so I strolled around the corner and discovered that the Virginia Creeper has continued to overtake it in such a lovely way. The bonus is that it dies back each winter and so the piece is entirely revealed again before getting covered over in the spring/summer once more.


You can see how it looked a year ago HERE.

4 comments:

Citizen Agent said...

Tagged C said:

I am surprised to see that over 2 years later it hasn't attracted any more guest artists to add to the canvas. I also think it is appropriate that the thing that is over taking it is called “Virginia Creeper”, sound like a plant right from a horror flick.

screaminscott said...

seeing that ivy 'hair' makes me wonder why no on has created a skull 'chia pet'!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That looks great and the ivy is an excellant juxtaposition of life and death.