Monday, June 14, 2010

[BONUS] 378. Postcard Skull I

A little while back I started talking with a friend who lives in LA about how we could collaborate on some skull art together and we decided that we should do a postcard exchange. We're each creating an original piece of art on a postcard and mailing it to the other and we're also mailing an unmodified postcard to each other as well, which we will then modify and send back. In the end we'll each end up with two pieces of the other's art! Here's my first piece, which went in the mail a few days ago...


I painted directly on a vintage postcard card with acrylic paint and then glued some additional text onto the bottom. I'll post the ones I receive when they arrive as well as the second one I make when it's done.

Want to give this a try? Why not pick a friend to do a mail art exchange with and document the results. And hey, if there are skulls involved send the pictures to us so we can share them with the world!

No comments: