Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Skull Gauze

A long time friend of Skull-A-Day, Sharon Pazner, from Tel Aviv, Israel, wrote: “I've recently made a skull using scanned gauze, Attached are 2 pictures, one of the completed work, the other of my design vs. applying it on the gauze's somewhat organic mesh.” Sharon’s past work can be found here and here.


*please click on the image for a larger view

Mummy C says:

It is because of artist/fans like yourself that we are still going strong into the 4.0 year. I enjoyed seeing how you fit your design into the mesh pattern. I also imagined incorporating your design into a needlepoint or cross stitch work. I also began to wonder if there is a deeper meaning attached to this work with the material and subject matter you chose given your present location. Once again thank you for staying with us, and submitting another skull of interest.

No comments: