Thursday, June 10, 2010

Portrait Skull

Susan Ciaccio of Rubia de los Muertos sent us a few great skeleton portraits, but I selected them as my favorite. She makes custom portraits for individuals, families and pets.



Susan's etsy site says she loves Day of the Dead/Dia de los Muertos and I can see that influence with her creative use of calaveras. One of my 1st submissions was a small family portrait done in skulls representing my husband, my daughter and me. Of course it isn't close to as great as Susan's work. I love the creative use of details to relate back to the actual people. I also love her willingness to work with the customer to deliver the perfect custom piece for them. Her use of embellishments is great. The additional dimension really adds to the over all look of the piece. Though this piece that I chose doesn't have any 3D embellishments, I highly suggest looking at the other pieces she has in her etsy shop, Rubia de los Muertos, which use additional elements such as glitter, feathers, and beads. Keep up the great work Susan.

No comments: