Monday, January 10, 2011

Steampunk Skull

Kevin Mowrer, a concept artist from Barrington, Rhode Island sent us this skull. It's "a skull design I have developed for the Steampunk Frankenstein re-imagining I've been doing on my blog", Mower Art.


With the Steampunk World's Fair coming up in May, I've had my mind fixated on machines, Victorian things and metal work. This Steampunk influenced skull fit right into my mindset. I love the ornate detail accentuating the shapes and functions of a skull. It's very futuristic machinist, yet also reminds me of ornate tibetan skulls. I would love to see this as a physical skull. It would be even more amazing.

2 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

That is amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.

Cheers!

Kristin Wilkinson said...

Totally AWESOME!