Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Skull Quilt Project: Six Skulls

Melanie sent us six skull blocks that she made. I like that each block is different. I'm hoping to put some of them in different quilts. So far, total, we have enough for 2 quilts. Again, I would love to see more blocks, so keep sending them in. The more blocks we have, the more quilts I can make to auction off and the more funds we can get to donate to Becky's Fund.









Here is some information on this project:

The quilt blocks need to be 12"x12" in total size. This includes 1" around all sides of seam and ironing allowance. This means you have about 10"x10" of art space. Since these are art quilts, feel free to use any medium you wish that will adhere to a 12"x12" cotton square. Need inspiration, check our other submissions.

Send your finished skull quilt squares to:

Skull-A-Day
PO Box 73236
Richmond, VA 23235

On a note sent with the piece, please include:
Your name
Your city, state and/or country
Your email...so I can tell you when yours arrives.

If you have any questions about the project, feel free to email me at abby@skulladay.com

The deadline for us to receive the skull blocks is Saturday, May 28, 2011. This is so we can sew the quilts in time Skull Appreciation Day. The quilts will be auctioned off after the June 4th event. Some might be auctioned at the event...more on that when I have more details for you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mine went out in the mail today...
your gonna love the envelope also!!!

Abby Davis said...

YAY! I'm excited to see your block in person and the envelope. Thanks for participating!

Sarah said...

I am trying to find the time to get started on mine, but I will definitely be participating.

I love all these, especially the butterfly - how clever!

Tatman said...

These are totally inspiring. Great work for a great cause!