Thursday, March 29, 2012

Dia de la Abby #72: Cut Paper Skull Pendant

One of my favorite pieces I made for Skull-A-Day, is my first piece, my Cut Paper Sugar Skull. I decided I loved it so much, I wanted to make a mini version as a pendant.

Unframed


Framed

This pendant style might also look familiar. I bought a set of them when I made #42: Skull and Heart Necklace. Unlike my first piece, this one took a lot less time. I used the same type of black paper, left over tissue paper, and techniques to create this pendant. To give you an idea of scale, the pendant frame is 1.5" x 1.5". This means the cut paper piece is about 1" x 1". The pendant, like #42, is reversible. The reverse is a square of the paper I used as the background for this photograph. It's a flocked piece of paper. On the reverse of that is a print I used to create the skull for #51: Collage Skull. Today's creation pulls from three of my favorite Dia de la Abby projects.


Every other Thursday in the 5.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby creations   Every Thursday in the 4.0 year, I posted my Dia de la Abby creations and occasionally tutorials with instructions on how I made my pieces. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on  FacebookGoogle+ and/or Twitter.

2 comments:

Tatman said...

Unique & "charm"ing. Nice work, A!

Abby Davis said...

Thanks. The photos make it seem very large. In real life, you can barely tell there are any flaws. Very tiny cuts!