Thursday, November 5, 2009

[BONUS] Bent Objects The Book


OK so this is not particularly skull-themed, but I have to give a shout out to my friend Terry Border, who is the mastermind behind the fantastic Bent Objects blog. I've been a fan of his for several years and even managed to do a collaborative piece with him before my year of skull-making was over. I'm delighted to say that a book of his work, titled appropriately enough Bent Objects, is finally out! This lovely little hardcover volume, is filled with his deliciously clever bent wire & common object constructions that make you appreciate the little things that we normally take for granted in our daily lives. With just a little bit of wire and a brilliant imagination he manages to give such incredible range of emotion to everything from cheese doodles to Chapstick. There's a chuckle or two to be found on every page and a wow thrown every so often for good measure. Not only does the book feature several never-before-seen works, but there's even a handy DIY section in the back to get you started on your own bent art making frenzy. I can't recommend this enough, pick-up a copy in person and I promise you won't want to put it down without looking at every page. Ask for it at your local independent bookstore today!

1 comment:

Tatman said...

I couldn't agree more. Terry's book is fantastic. I loved seeing all of the new never before seen images. Terry has a wonderful sense of humor. Plus, I wasn't aware that the book was a hardback until I got my copy. BONUS! I highly recommend that anyone who enjoys a good guffaw buy it TODAY!