Friday, May 28, 2010

[Flashback Friday #1] 66. Sparkler Skull

Flashback Friday has been a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I've been posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, and to mark the last week of year 3 of the project here at last is the #1 favorite skull...

66. Sparkler Skull




I spent a warm summer evening with my girlfriend on a grassy patch, outside of the pool I belong to, making these for an hour or two. It took about twenty tries to get about four decent looking ones of which this was my favorite. I had my camera on a tripod and most of the exposures took 6-7 seconds.

Here's what it looks like when the sparkler goes out sooner than you expect...


So if this wasn't your favorite of my original 365 skulls, what would have you made as number one?

2 comments:

Kim said...

Sparkler skull is pretty cool, although I do feel a bit sorry for your retinas.

And asking us to pick is just not fair, there are too many! Some of my favourites were the tea skulls (37 & 105), the stitched skulls (161 & 258), the Alice decoupage, the ubiquitous ornamental skull, the crazy berzerker helm on your book cover, the 8-bit skull used in several of my knitting patterns, and the 5.25" floppy from my mother's basement. And that's only for starters. :)

Thanks for yet another year of win, Noah!

Noah said...

And thank you for all of your great support over the years Kim! One day I swear I'm going to make it out to Australia for a visit!