Friday, January 7, 2011

[Flashback Friday] #105. (I'm a little) Teaskull

Welcome to another addition of Flashback Friday.** This year the guest editors, Citizen Agent, Tatman, and myself, Azurafae, are taking turns counting down our personal favorite 17 skulls from the Original 365.25 Year. So please join us as we visit the archives and add our additional commentary on some of the original pieces.

4. #105. (I'm a little) Teaskull


Since I was a young child, I've collected tea sets. I've always liked the curves of the teapots the best. Recently, I inherited my grandmother's silver service when she moved to a smaller apartment. It includes two beautiful tea pots. In her china cabinet (I also inherited that), on the shelf above this beautiful tea set, is my skull model and some skull art. The placement combination always brings to mind this Teaskull that Noah made. I love the idea of making practical things beautiful. This captures both the curves of a skull and the curves of a teapot, very well. It's a beautiful piece.


**Flashback Friday was a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.o. Each week during year 3.0 The Skullmaster posted the original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3.0, all 52 can be found here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hahaha! That's awesome.