Thursday, December 2, 2010

Dia de la Abby: #27 - Skullflake (Skull Snowflake)


Every Winter, my daughter and I make paper snowflakes to decorate the windows of our house. This year I thought I would challenge myself and make a more intricate one using a skull and flower motif that is reminiscent of Dia de los Muertos. I haven't decided where I'm going to hang this one. If you would like to learn how I made this one, so you can make your own, see the tutorial. I would love to see your finished ones. Send them to our Submission Box.



Every week in the 4.0 year, I will be post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook.

4 comments:

Noah said...

Awesome! What a great wintertime decoration!

Ronald said...

Most excellent! I've been beaten to the puch however. I have a few skullflakes myself that I wanted to submit. I just can't remember where I put them. I'll find them soon though.

Phil said...

Great work and your tutorial was excellent!

Abby Davis said...

I'm glad you all like it. My daughter saw it hanging up on the living room window and teased me about how she thought it was snowing a lot (she didn't really, but in scale to a real snowflake, it's huge).

Ronald, definitely submit them to us. We would love to see them.

Phil, I'm glad you liked my tutorial. I thought the color coding would help a lot.