Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dia de la Abby #41: Marie Antoinette

I've been wanting to do a series of art featuring different deceased famous people. For today, I decided to choose Marie Antoinette, since she was a very ornate lady. I drew her in pencil 1st and then refined the lines with a black ink drawing pen.



My drawing is based off of this painting of her.


You might wonder, why this is in black and white. Well, that is for you to be able to color it how ever you want...colored pencil, digital, crayon, paint...what ever suits you. If you notice, Marie isn't decapitated, like she is currently. This was so the image would be similar to the painting. She also wasn't ornate at the time of her death. I always think of her as an ornate queen vs a stripped down woman awaiting her beheading. Anyway, have fun with it. If you make a colored version, definitely submit it to us and we will share it.

Every week in the 4.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook.

4 comments:

Heather Addley said...

I love this, right up my alley! :)

Noah said...

Awesome idea! Great execution. It's like a painting x-ray!

Abby Davis said...

I'm definitely going to explore this more, with other famous people. It is like a painting x-ray, which is a neat way of seeing this.

Chiora said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.