Friday, March 4, 2011

[Flashback Friday] #304 (Don't Play With) Matches Skull

Welcome to another addition of Flashback Friday.** This year the guest editors, Citizen Agent, Azurafae, and myself, Tatman, are taking turns counting down our personal favorite 17 skulls from the Original 365.25 Year. So please join us as we visit the archives and add our additional commentary on some of the original pieces.

13. #304 (Don't Play With) Matches Skull





It would be my assumption that people who like skulls(like me) also like similar things(like fire). I've been a long time believer that you can't go wrong with skulls and flames, just ask Ghost Rider. With that said, let me quote the dimwit Beavis when I say, "FIRE! FIRE! FIRE IS COOL!" Noah got it right with this combination. I'm sure a skull of fire came up as an idea somewhere in the brainstorming stages of the original year, and Noah came up with a great way to acheive the look with the matches. I only included two pics from the original post so be sure to check it out here to see the rest.

**Flashback Friday was a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week during year 3.0 The Skullmaster posted the original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3.0, all 52 can be found here.