Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dia de la Abby #44: Shrunken Skeleton Earrings

These are inspired by anatomical skeleton and skull diagrams. The torso is inspired by a heavily corseted ribcage, which is similar to my own ribcage shape...only mine is natural.



I have lost my old pair of long skeleton earrings, so I decided to make some replacements, using shrink plastic. More commonly referred to as "Shrinky Dinks". I've worked with shrink plastic before, but this was different than past projects. There are a lot of pieces to drawn, shrink and attach, but it was worth it for a pair of great anatomical skeleton earrings. These are about 8 inches long, which was longer than planned, but they are fabulous. If you would like to make a pair of these, other jewelry, or scrap-booking charms using shrink plastic, see tutorial.


Every week in the 4.0 year, I will post my own Dia de la Abby posts as well as a tutorial with instructions on how I made my piece. Hopefully you feel inspired by my posts just as I was by Noah's Skull-A-Day 1.0 daily project. Need more of me than just a weekly dose, follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook

No comments: