Friday, October 1, 2010

[Flashback Friday] 85. Found Bottle Skull



Welcome to another addition of Flashback Friday.** This year the guest editors, Azurafae, Tatman, and myself, Citizen Agent, are taking turns counting down our personal favorite 17 skulls from the Original 365.25 Year. So please join us as we visit the archives and add our additional commentary on some of the original pieces.

#1: 85. Found Bottle Skull


Apocalyptic C says:

Although this only placed #29 on the reader’s list, it will always be #1 on mine. I looked back at my original comment on this one, and now three years later that sentiment about owning one piece is still very true. I remembered seeing it in the pictures from Noah's exhibit he did a year ago here. This has been mentioned before, but this is one of those instances in which photography makes the piece. Grouped with others in a white box, it doesn't seem like much, but on a dark background, with the warm glow of an incandescent light- this piece really comes alive for me.

Thank you all for sticking with me the last 17 weeks and allowing me to share some of my thoughts with you. If you would like to see my whole lists they can be found here. “Azurafae” takes over next week counting down her favorite 17 so make sure you stop by again.

**Flashback Friday was a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.o. Each week during year 3.0 The Skullmaster posted the original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3.0, all 52 can be found here.

1 comment:

Noah said...

What a nice surprise to discover which image was your number one pick! Thanks for all the work you put into making these Flashbacks!