Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Skull Cameo

Dee Wilder aka Malodora makes tons of skull stuff. Here is a polymer "cameo" brooch that she made recently.



Calling this a brooch gives me a bit of a feminine vibe, but when I see this I don't think that at all. The strong metal framing and prominent skull give it the look of a shield that any man or woman should be comfortable wearing. It's too bad that not all of your skull brooches on your flickr page qualify for posting, but I think our readers would like to see them anyway. Thanks for sharing it, Dee!

“Countdown To Halloween”
12 more days and counting...

8 comments:

Malodora said...

WOW! What a rush to see one of my skulls on one of my favorite blogs today! Thanks so much!

:-) MaryLou said...

I've been a big fan of Dee's work ever since I first saw it; and I love all the skulls (particularly the owl skulls she made recently). I consider myself VERY lucky to have a HUGE collection of her work. :-)

Gera Scott Chandler said...

Dee absolutely rocks! I was lucky enough to see the rings she made for the Ring A Day project- she's absolutely brilliant. Innovative and inspiring- !!

Melody Marie Murray said...

I adore Dee's skulls! Lovely to see one here.

Georgia said...

Great brooch! Great blog!

SarahKelley said...

I love Dee's naturalistic work. Incredible to work with.

Smadar's Treasure said...

I love Dee's unique work!

Janice said...

Dee always amazes me with her talent. Another great piece!