Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hard and Soft Skulls

Artist Paula Osbun, of The Grinning Skull, wrote: “A friend just told me about your site and I was so excited to find it! Excellent! I have developed a strong interest in the Day of the Dead (my mother is Mexican) and began doing art inspired by it about two years ago. ”

Skull with Crown (cushion, hand applique)

Black and White Skull (hand made polymer clay sculpture )

Punk Death (hand made polymer clay sculpture)

Smiling C says:

I really like the different skull sculptures (skullptures) that you do. I can envision a possible series of skulls of famous people through history with matching bases. I also appreciate the amount of work that goes into your soft sculptures, it takes technical proficiency to make them turn out as successfully as they do. Thank you for submitting your work to us, and make sure you thank your friend for sharing Skull-A-Day with you.

No comments: