Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sunday Simulacra - Version 4.9

Today’s simulacra are found in daily travels on the West Coast.

The first stop today is from Hope Au in East Sacramento, California who wrote: “I work for a Chiropractor (so I have a lot of exposure to skulls and bones already lol). I absolutely love your blog so I thought I'd contribute something. This is a weird marking on the rail I saw while waiting for my train to and from work, totally NOT man made! ”


Next stop up the coast is by Terry Marsh in Salem, Oregon who said: “This is a mark that I spotted in the road next to a sidewalk where I work. This is not painted on the road, but is a feature, possibly chewing gum, but I didn't want to disturb it to find out!”


Last one before we hit the border, is one that Ainslee Lara from Seattle, Washington found on a sidewalk.


I-5 C says:

Thank you all for submitting your pictures to our growing weekly collection. Throughout America there are many roads that have alternative titles highlight their history, it looks like we may need to start that petition can get this stretch of highway from Sacramento, CA to Seattle, WA renamed the “Simulacra Trail.” Is there anyone in the Department of Transportation that can help with this? Maybe for a day? Let me suggest June 4th as that day.

Keep sending those pictures in to our submissions address. Just keep in mind that since we only post simulacra once a week it might take a little longer than normal for it to be posted.

No comments: