Saturday, September 12, 2009

Still Life Skulls

"Hi there!", writes Jessica Geist in Charlottesville, "Just heard about your project from a mutual friend and I love it! My dad and I have always taken home and cleaned up animal skulls that we find on hikes. Attached is a still life I did in oil stick and oil pastel featuring a small part of our collection (and some other natural souvenirs)."



Wonderful work, Jessica. The soft colors make the skulls seem very passive as if the animals died a natural death, like we hope they did. Kudos for bringing them back to life for us!

1 comment:

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

What a great Blog. My friend Caroline gave me the link here and Yes...I'm a follower NOW! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to catch-up with your posts. Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend!
Cheers!