Friday, September 25, 2009

[Flashback Friday] 152. Hair Skull

Flashback Friday is a weekly countdown of the fan selected top 52 skulls of Skull-A-Day 1.0. Each week I'll be posting an original skull along with some additional commentary in order from lowest to highest rated, with the #1 skull appearing in the last week of year 3 of the project...

#36: 152. Hair Skull

I frequently discussed the project with my barber during the course of the year, so it seems inevitable that I'd end up using my own hair after one of my haircuts. It was one of the more satisfying materials to work with and I actually think I'd like to do more pieces this way someday. Conversely it is the piece people are most grossed out by.

P.S. This skull has now been added to the Send-A-Skull application on Facebook!

No comments: