Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Stag Sugar Skull

Graphic artist Phaedra from Vancouver Island dabbles into a new medium. "I have been a graphic artist for about 12 years, and only recently got my first wacom tablet. So the first thing I painted (digitally) was my version of a sugar skull. I also am very fascinated by stags and deer, so it has antlers."



This is definitely one of the more unusual sugar skulls I have seen. The swirling, metallic colors have a real liquid look to them. Almost like a sugary sweet skull of Pan.

Have you gotten a new wacom tablet or other supplies for the new school year? Don't forget that you can use those supplies for this month's "Back To Skull" contest.

1 comment:

The Studio at Crow Haven Farm, LLC said...

This is just wonderful. Loving the colors! Thanks for sharing!
Cheers