Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuesdays With Tatman #15

Today's TWT is a dedication to my daytime job. Tomorrow is my last day at the job that I have held for the past 9 1/2 years. It is the best job that I have ever had and the only reason I am leaving is to move back to my home land of Texas. In honor of the boss and coworkers that I've had I dedicate today's skull to them.



6 feet wide x 5 1/2 feet high and made from the vinyl siding that I've sold for so long. Here's a scale pic of my friend Tony holding it up for perspective.



To Jack, John, and all of the customers who have made my job so great, Thank You. Once I get a new house in Texas this may have to become part of it.

Each Tuesday in the 3.0 year will bring a new Tuesday With Tatman. As a tribute to the Skull Master's astounding feat let's all get creative and try something new(and hopefully skull related).

13 comments:

Noah said...

Awesome! Love the picture of it being held up especially.

Nikki B. said...

awesome...now hit the road!

Tatman said...

I just didn't think it gave enough perspective lying on the ground. Maybe it'll be a bonus post pic if I ever hang it on my house(after I discuss it with my wife, lol).

Phil said...

No disrespect for your old job, but this just proves that vinyl siding is evil and kills historic architecture.

For us preservationists, do you have a wooden clapboard model?

Best of luck to you.

Tatman said...

Thanks, Phil, but if you lived in Kalamazoo you would HATE living in the historical district. Their rules and regulations try to keep everyone as energy efficient as 1860. it looks great, but the people living there have to be rich in order to afford their heat bills in the winter. The clapboard is a good idea too.

Nikoli said...

Looks great! Hope your move goes smooth and safe.

Phil said...

1860s energy efficiency would be an improvement at this point for us. :)

PearsonMetalArt said...

You can drop it off at my house on your way south!

tattooedpudge said...

Now you just have to find shingles that match.

zbalat said...

Thanks for the tribute to the best job you will ever have.

You will be missed....for a day or two.

See you at work tomorrow.

Love you bro!

Kim said...

I can't even fathom the same job for that long!!

Fantastic skull, and all the best for the sea change. :)

Tatman said...

Thanks again to everyone. My move may hinder some of my daily posting, but I will always follow thru with the TWTs until the end of 3.0.

Citizen Agent said...

Aluminum C said:

I love the linear aspect of this piece, it almost reminds me of the output of a dot-matrix printer with a bad ribbon.