Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Simulacra - Version 3.17

This week’s simulacra are all worn out.

John Moser from Richmond, VA sent us this: “Thought of your project today while I was making some photos of decaying flooring over at the old Azalea mall site in Northside Richmond. This is a piece of torn and worn sheet vinyl flooring.”


Raymond Hill said: “I found this little guy on top of my ladder whilst doing some rehab work on an old warehouse. It's a (probably lead-based) paint chip.”

Abraham Ordoñez Zarco in Acapulco de Juarez Guerreroand, Mexico wrote: “Today I was looking at an old door in my house.. then I saw a skull on the sided to take a picture for you.”



Weary C says:

Thanks all for submitting these great finds. You explored many aspects of everyday life that usually go unnoticed. Just goes to show that simulacra can show up anywhere. This week I was down by the water and there was a foamy mass that was floating by that was a perfect simulacra, unfortunately I was without any sort of recording device, so that one is now lost to the world.

Keep sending those pictures in to our submissions address. Just keep in mind that since we only post simulacra once a week it might take a little longer than normal for it to be posted.

No comments: